Mako Millenium footwell

More
14 years 5 months ago #3764 by buffy1270
Is it possible to move the rudder pedals up in a Mako Millenium that has a fixed footwell? Obviously this may involve drilling but I am wondering if there is a way to do it without compromising the boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3766 by postal256
for what it's worth, I took my footwell out and took a photo before I threw it away. You can clearly see the reinforcement they put behind the pedal screws. this reinforcement was probably an 1/8" to 3/16" thicker than rest of the cockpit.

you'll see I had to really butcher the cockpit around the heel area, as the venturi holes had an enormous amount of epoxy in there.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3767 by buffy1270
So how did this end up working out for you?

More
14 years 5 months ago #3768 by postal256
It worked great. I molded a single footwell in place of the old one. My first chance to try it was a 4 hour race last weekend and it worked great and was really comfortable. Took me about 3 weeks from start to first paddle. I'll try to get some more pics up when I get some time.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8641 by AvO
Replied by AvO on topic Re:Mako Millenium footwell
just wanted to follow up on the change to the ski (single footwell on Millenium). how do you feel now given its been some time since you did the change. and can you post a picture? thinking about doing a similar fix to my boat...

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8643 by postal256
I like it. The angle under the knees is a bit sharp (unlike the very smooth modern Fenns) but that is because I used the original bucket shape and then just shot the angle straight to the foot area. Doesn't bother me though. Holds alot of water, but I suppose no more than any other single footwell ski. My heels are flush with the bottom of the hull, like a K1. My venturi could use a shut off of some sort, but haven't gotten around to figuring something out.

You can see in the pics that I did not use a female mold for the carbon. I just carved a foam male mold, covered it in cellotape, laid up the carbon, and popped it off, hence the rough look to the carbon.. it still feels smooth to the touch, however.

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by postal256.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AvO

Latest Forum Topics