new swordfish remounting

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7302 by bussellt
has anyone seen the new swordfish are the sides for remounting high or low will it be ok in rough seas the SYNERGY AND THE VAULT ARE HIGH at the cockpit IS THE SWORDFISH ANY BETTER THE v10 sports sides are low any others any info would help
TREVOR
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bussellt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7343 by MP7061
Replied by MP7061 on topic Re: new swordfish remounting
I have a synergy 2 and swordfish. They are chalk and cheese with regards to remounting. The swordfish is a very stable boat with low sides and easy to get into. The synergy is the exact opposite. If the swordfish is the new imtermediate boat, then the synergy does not sit in the same category. Look out for the new custom kayaks intermediate boat coming out in the next couple of months as well!

More
12 years 8 months ago #7348 by bussellt
THANKS FOR THE INFO MP7 ITS GOOD TO GET SOME FEED BACK WHEN YOU SAY THE SWORDFISH IS VERY STABLE HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SYNERGY AND SWORDFISH MY SYNERGY IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET BACK ON WHEN OFFSHORE WITH IS HIGH SIDES SO YOUR SAYING THE SIDES ARE LOW ON THE SWORDFISH THANKS FOR YOU HELP ITS BEEN GOOD OF YOU
REGARDS TREVOR

More
12 years 8 months ago #7349 by MP7061
Replied by MP7061 on topic Re: new swordfish remounting
No problem. There is a big difference betweem the stability of the boats in my opinion. The synergy, as you know, has very little primary stability, but good secondry. The swordfish is just a stable boat all round. Much closer to your entry level boats, but much lighter, and much faster. I agree with the high sides of the synergy, but this has been designed to keep water out the cockpit in big downwind conditions, and I find it very effective (if you can stay in the boat)!

More
12 years 8 months ago #7350 by bussellt
thanks for the help again MP7 I WILL BE GETTING ONE ASAP I will be able to pass on info to other paddlers wanting to no same questions I did I will contact you when I receive mine later this month in sydney in and compare notes
REGARD AND THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU COULD TELL ME ABOUT THE SKI
TREVOR

Latest Forum Topics