mako 6 footstrap

More
12 years 2 months ago #9544 by wintermutt
mako 6 footstrap was created by wintermutt
i have a mako 6 i bought used.
i love the boat (big improvement over millennium).
i am trying to get the factory foot/ankle strap to a smaller size so that i can use it.
i cannot figure out how to adjust it!
the fasteners are black round buttons with a silver middle.
on close inspection i do not see a way to loosen them.
how do i adjust or loosen them?
thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9545 by [email protected]
Those silver middles in the "black buttons" are actually the ends of bolts screwed in from the other side...

So what you have to do is unscrew the ends of the rails - at the ends closest to the tail of the ski.

Having done that you can lift (tilt) the whole assembly up so that the screws for the footstraps are exposed. Then you can unscrew the footstraps...

(Had to do this to upgrade the entire footplate assembly on my old Elite.)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wintermutt

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #9547 by wintermutt
Replied by wintermutt on topic Re: mako 6 footstrap

robin.mousley wrote: Those silver middles in the "black buttons" are actually the ends of bolts screwed in from the other side...

So what you have to do is unscrew the ends of the rails - at the ends closest to the tail of the ski.

Having done that you can lift (tilt) the whole assembly up so that the screws for the footstraps are exposed. Then you can unscrew the footstraps...

(Had to do this to upgrade the entire footplate assembly on my old Elite.)

the screws (phillips head) holding in the rails are too tight - i will strip the heads trying to get them out.
i took a stainless bolt and an awl, i poked a hole through the middle of the strap and took in about an inch, then made the hole a little bigger then put the bolt through it.
i think it will work. the strap is now shorter.

follow up - my idea works perfectly!
(so far anyway)
very comfortable and easier to adjust than taking apart the footplate rails to get at the screws..
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by wintermutt.

Latest Forum Topics