Re: Red7 Surf70 Pro

• falloff999
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2033 by falloff999
Re: Red7 Surf70 Pro was created by falloff999
I worry a bit about going off topic here, but - I've been on the V10S Ultra for over a year now. I find it to be as advertised by Epic - "nearly as fast as the V10". That would be VERY nearly! On the flats I give up just a wee bit to the pro-level skis but on a bigger day the V10S holds it's own with any ski around.
Note: Epic will make a V10S in an Elite lay-up! Take that to Molokai. Oh, Yeah!
Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2035 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Red7 Surf70 Pro
Hey Ritchie Imagine if the manufactures actually updated their websites (or had websites that werent under construction for 6months) would save Rob having to hunt down the info for the punters all the time. Nothing like keeping all the info up to date when yr trying to market a new product.

Rob i think several manufacturers need to put you on the payroll as thier chief information/ publicity officer ;)

Maybe someone from oceanpaddlesports could post a picture of the rudder sent with the ski in the picture then we could see if its being shipped with new design or the slow one.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2037 by Ritchie Cunningham
In terms of websites, I think the issue is that many builders are either so small, or have already developed a solid market position based on reputation and word of mouth.

V10S Elite sounds great, but will they offer a standard seat bucket?

The Surf70 Pro is coming to Hawaii, so I'll be seeing, and possibly test riding that puppy in a few weeks.

• falloff999
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2039 by falloff999
Replied by falloff999 on topic Re: Red7 Surf70 Pro
Hi Ritchie: Regarding the V10S bucket - yes, it is generous. Never had a ski that I didn't pad out in some way, to make it feel just right. V10S is no exception. Just try it, ok?
ps: Despite what you hear the V10S really is not super stable --- until your get it up to speed. Then, it is quite forgiving.
pss: Unless I am badly mistaken, the Molokai course record was set by a Burton ski, same length and width as a V10S!
Mike.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2041 by superted

Hmm... looks like a slight change to the front of the cockpit, interesting. Maybe it's just the photo - but I'll call them & find out. I haven't heard whether the new rudder is available yet either.

Any news Rob on the cockpit and rudder.

Did the oceanpaddlesports boat pictured get the new rudder anyone know.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2043 by [email protected]
The Ocean Paddle Sports Red7 is at the Outrigger Canoe Club right now. Pat Hemmens is here in Hawaii to contact to ask to demo the boat.

I wasn't able to bring a new rudder so the one on the boat is the original.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 10 months ago #2045 by superted

The Surf70 Pro is coming to Hawaii, so I'll be seeing, and possibly test riding that puppy in a few weeks.

How did you go with it Ritchie and what was the build quality like?

More
15 years 10 months ago #2047 by Ritchie Cunningham
I must have missed the announcement from OPS, and missed Rob's post above. Did not get a chance to see it.

My next possible chance may be in Sept/Oct when I will be in No. Cal. I am hoping OceanPaddleSports will have one of their Demo Days while I am there.

I hope this happens as it will provide the opportunity to try all of the major designs, and perhaps Epic will have a new option available by then. If not, I will not be disappointed in picking up a V10 Ultra.

Latest Forum Topics