Red7 Surf70 Pro

More
15 years 11 months ago #2040 by Ritchie Cunningham
Got this pic from OceanpaddleSports, and there looks like there's been some changes compared to the red review ski from a few months ago. Any details available? Have they gone to real surf rudder for Molokai? Are the carbon boats out yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2042 by [email protected]
Hmm... looks like a slight change to the front of the cockpit, interesting. Maybe it's just the photo - but I'll call them & find out. I haven't heard whether the new rudder is available yet either.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 11 months ago #2044 by Ritchie Cunningham
What are you paddling these days? Have you changed your opinion on the Red7 Surf70 Pro?

More
15 years 11 months ago #2046 by [email protected]

What are you paddling these days?

For the last couple of weeks I've been on a V10 Sport Ultra. I've found it a really fun ski in rough water. It may be a little slower on the flat, but the extreme stability really helps in chop. It's not slow downwind either. Over the last couple of weeks I've done my second & third best Miller Runs in the sport - my personal best is still a run done in hectically strong wind in the Red7.

Initially I didn't like the Sport in big downwind conditions because I found the smaller rudder supplied with the ski not very effective - but putting the big elliptical rudder on has transformed the boat and I now find it very manoeuvrable...

Have you changed your opinion on the Red7 Surf70 Pro?

Nope! It's still one of my favourite skis for big downwind conditions.

I've taken the bum pad out of it and strangely I'm now finding the seat more comfortable. Maybe the bum pad moulded my backside into a compatible shape...

I'm hoping to try a new rudder on it soon too.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 11 months ago #2048 by Ritchie Cunningham
I've read your earlier comments on the V10S, and they were exactly my own impressions, which I've posted here somewhere or another.

If you fit in a Mako 6 seat, you must be loose in the V10S.

I glued a little bit of paddling just on the (lower) sides and it made a world of difference for me. My butt doesn't slide from side to side anymore. I've been meaning to pad up to the top edge, but have been too lazy to tinker with it. Padding to the top would give additional support as the hull tilts to more extreme angles. I use closed cell foam carefully tapered with a bread knife for full comfort on long runs in the saddle.

Latest Forum Topics