Think Powerwing

More
14 years 6 months ago #3739 by bobmoffatt
Think Powerwing was created by bobmoffatt
Anyone bought a Think Powerwing paddle ??

I would be interested in any feedback as I am in the market for a new paddle, currently using an Epic Signature Series
mid wing.

Past skis,Spirit Racing ski,Singer SLSA ski, Davenwood Eradicator, Custom Kayaks ICON, Think EVO, Stellar SR excel...current skis Stellar SES advantage, Stellar SEI excel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3926 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re:Think Powerwing
Hey Bob,

Guy Power has one in your neck of the woods, drop him a line and try it out.

Cheers,

Stew.

More
14 years 5 months ago #3931 by bobmoffatt
Replied by bobmoffatt on topic Re:Think Powerwing
Hi Stew,
you wouldn't believe I saw him this morning at the beach

yeah I will try and get hold of it

thanks

Bob

Past skis,Spirit Racing ski,Singer SLSA ski, Davenwood Eradicator, Custom Kayaks ICON, Think EVO, Stellar SR excel...current skis Stellar SES advantage, Stellar SEI excel

More
14 years 5 months ago #3932 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Re:Think Powerwing
Sounds good. I've still got an e-mail to get back to you on, I'll chat to you during the week.

Cheers.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4035 by Jodi
Replied by Jodi on topic Re:Think Powerwing
Does anybody have any feedback on the Think Power Wing paddles? Also, does anybody know the blade dimensions (length, width, or sq cms/in.)?
Thanks,
Jodi

More
13 years 11 months ago #4379 by Marieski
Replied by Marieski on topic Re:Think Powerwing
I'm a beginner and comments need to be taken in this context. My Power Wing blade is 15cm x 45 cm. I don't know the area.Smallish. Good for high cadence though no shortage of power except when paddling downwind on waves, when I wish I had something bigger! It is a 2 piece shaft. The central fixateur is a "hose clamp" design which requires a small spanner. It is very secure but can't be adjusted on the fly. Think provides a little wetsuit sleeve to cover it. The shaft is 26mm diameter, which I like a lot. I'm getting less pain in my wrists and elbows. Think has prewrapped bicycle handlebar tape over the grip area, which I find very secure and comfortable.I'm having a little more trouble with correct placement of the paddle in the water than with my 15yr old Hammer (whatever happened to them?) but the Power Wing has probably another 7-10 degrees of twist on it. It feels slightly less forgiving than the Epic MidWing, but when I get it right,which is most of the time, feels secure and powerful through the stroke. A more experienced paddler would probably have no problem with it.

Past skis: Spirit PRS, EpicV10Sport Performance, Epic V10 Elite, Stellar SES Advantage. Current skis: Fenn Elite Spark, Fenn Swordfish vacuum. Custom Horizon, Epic V7

Latest Forum Topics