Honcho Oceans Pro - any thoughts

More
14 years 6 months ago #3668 by tom29
Hi, i am looking to buy and new ski and am looking pretty seriously at above. Haven't had a chance to paddle yet. Any thoughts out there on this boat? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3693 by tom29
Hi further to my initial post is anybody able to give any insight to how this boat compares to other current skis of seemingly similar capability (Mako6 / V10 / Red 7 etc). Aside from the review which is now 2 years old there doesnt seem to be much info out there! Any thoughts at all appreciated.

thanks
Tom

More
14 years 6 months ago #3696 by garykroukamp
Hi Tom

The newer Honcho Extreme might be worth looking at. I believe the design might be better than the Oceans Pro. Haven't paddled either, so not sure on comparisons, but if possible you should try them all yourself to see what suits you.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3697 by garykroukamp
Hi Tom

The newer Honcho Extreme might be worth looking at. I believe the design might be better than the Oceans Pro. Haven't paddled either, so not sure on comparisons, but if possible you should try them all yourself to see what suits you.

• jamii
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #3698 by jamii
Replied by jamii on topic Re:Honcho Oceans Pro - any thoughts
Tom, guess my involvement at helping Honcho in their early day of Design&Development may qualify me to comment.
Oceans Pro - is similar to Maco6, Robberg Express, stable, nimble and good in downwind / surf conditions just lacking in really fast flatwater speed with the tail rocker.
Extreme - has a fast hull and volume like V10 just hard to remount in rough conditions with high gunnels but is very fast in all conditions, I think they have now dropped the seatwell to aid balance.
Hope this helps.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3699 by tom29
Thanks Jammii, that's really helpful.

The high gunnels is one of the things putting me off the Fenn boats at the moment, that and the fact that the Mako6 are like hens teeth over here! From what i have seen the Oceans Pro does appear to have lower gunnels and i think would certainly be a better option for me. Definitely looking for a more sea-able boat than flat water fast.
Time to go try some boats. cheers Tom.

Latest Forum Topics