Robberg Express questions

More
16 years 9 months ago #748 by ratfink
Can anyone describe how paddling a Robberg Express would compare to say an old Surf 60 or a Dorado for someone who has been paddling for around 3 months. I have heard that they are a ski for a lighter weight person. What max weight would you recommend. I paddle mainly on flat water and bays.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #749 by [email protected]
We have a new model Robberg Express on its way to Cape Town to be reviewed.... so I'll be able to give you my opinion in the not too distant future.

The initial version was very wet - as we said in our review. The new one has higher rails (among other mods) to solve this.

Stay tuned!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
16 years 9 months ago #750 by baker
Replied by baker on topic Re: Robberg Express questions
I have paddled the dorado and raced my whole last season on a Robberg the robberg i found was better but can sometimes bcome hard to handle in large downwind swells. In the flat a very good ski.

More
16 years 9 months ago #751 by ratfink
Thanks Rob and Michael for your comments.

Rob, when you review the new Robberg could you please include a section on how easy the ski is to re-mount. I know that means the reviewer has to get wet but even with my limited experience I have found a few skis that I could paddle OK but struggled to remount. So it would be a useful reference for paddlers changing skis.

Michael, can you indicate if you are a sub 90kg paddler or otherwise and how would you rate the ease of remounting your Robberg.

Thanks guys.

More
16 years 6 months ago #752 by Rouen
Replied by Rouen on topic Re: Robberg Express questions
Rat

Havent paddled a Dorado or a Surf 60 before. But I paddled a Hammerhead and then a Mark 1. I now bought a Robberg Express, and I`m very satisfied. I`m a heavy paddler...above 100kg`s and I feel a lot more comfortable in the Robberg than in any of the other skis I owned. Definitly the most comfy cockpit I ever sat in.

There was a southeaster this last weekend in The Strand and I caught some swells as well as pushing through the break a couple of times. Very satisfied. Stability felt very good to me....a lot better than the other skis I owned, even in a cross chop. I found it a lot easier to get back on than my Mark 1 as well.

The ski is woth a look for sure

Happy paddling

Latest Forum Topics