Perth paddlers heading to RSA for PE to EL

More
11 years 7 months ago #12856 by PerthPaddler
Hi there,
Wondering how many Perth WA paddlers are intending to travel to South Africa in DEC for the PE- EL shamaal race. I kicked off training to day with a decent paddle, fitness is one thing but logistics/ boat hire etc will be another. Perhaps if we had a show of "hands" we could share some thoughts- especially from the guys who have done it before. Even if we just gathered for the qualifier paddle and sent in results together?
Your thoughts if you are one of the above would be appreciated.
Cheers
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12859 by heinvr
Hey Dave,
Lucky for you, Carbonology Sport skis get manufactured in PE and Fenn is manufactured in EL.

I can only speak for Carbonology-Sport and we have quite a few demo skis available to either loan or hire out to the out of country guys.

Im already helping a german paddler out with a Vault.

Regards,
Hein

More
11 years 5 months ago #13553 by Col Campbell
G'Day Dave,

Have you blokes worked out any details regarding a PE qualifier yet. If so let me know the details as I might be able to come on over from Dubai for it.

We are just coming to the end of our summer & it has been hot, humid & flat here for the last 6 months, a nice downwind would be a good change.

Let me know the details at colsute @ gmail.com

More
11 years 5 months ago #13562 by antonsa
Hi Perth Paddlers

Great to hear of the interest in the PE to EL Challenge. How is the training going and how many are coming?

Great interest in PE - could be 30 paddlers from PE alone - this could see 120 paddlers in total.

I am doing it in a double and our training is going well - doing some good distance and plan to do two long sessions (4 hour) this weekend.

Cheers

Anton

More
11 years 5 months ago #13565 by bulldog
Any one in WA who is keen to do the PE to EL can contact me on 0428459729. I live in Bunbury and have done this awesome race 9 times. I'm more than happy to assist with training programes ect. Regards Gary

More
11 years 5 months ago #13606 by Col Campbell
Anton,

From Dubai it looks as though it will just be me coming, sadly Hayden Smith has moved back to OZ and wont be competing this time around.

Do you have any recommendations for accommodation along the route so we can start making some advance bookings.

More
11 years 5 months ago #13619 by antonsa
Great to have you on board - contact Cavin Dickinson (ex Dubia) This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. he is busy looking into accommodation for officials etc.

How is you training going? I did a 30 km today and will do a 40 plus tomorrow (both out and backs). Sunday will be a 20km.

More
11 years 5 months ago #13630 by Col Campbell
Thanks Anton, I will send Gav an email regarding.

The milage is building nicely but sadly it is all flat grinding with a small bump if your lucky, we are in desperate need of wind, the temp is slowly but surely dropping which is good as now you can spend 3 plus hours out on the water without expiring but it is pretty boring logging the miles on a hot flat duck pond.

With a bit of luck the wind will turn up again sooner rather than later.

• GSPT
  • Level 2 Personal Trainer and surf coach
More
11 years 2 months ago #15077 by GSPT
Hi, Dave
I note your post is four months ago and the race since cancelled, but for your info, I did the race in 1979, 81 and 83, and I'm in Perth (based mostly at Trigg but also Ascot). You can email me ptwithgreg at gmail.com
Regards
Greg

Greg Smith
Level 2 PT and surf coach
Paddling Technician
S.Africa marathon 79, 81, 83

Latest Forum Topics