Australian National Marathon Champs Easter 2014

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #20264 by AR_convert
As we know many ski paddlers love to race their craft on flat water too. We have quite a large ski paddling group in Western Australias marathon series.

The National Marathon Champs being held on Lake Wendouree in Ballarat over Easter is a great opportunity to gather with other paddlers from around Australia, race and also spectate with the 4km circuit course making for great viewing from the shores of Lake Wendouree.

The Junior and Veteran classes race in the mornings while the Open and Under 23's race afterwards (around lunchtime) so we get to see the really quick guys and gals do their thing.

Ski paddlers do not have to portage and with 5 year age group increments you don't have to be worried about being flogged by paddlers 10-20 years younger ;)

Early bird entries close 8.00am on Saturday 5th April, afterwards it will set you back another $15 per race.

Event merchandise and dinner ticket orders close tonight.

Looking forward to meeting many Aussie paddlers I have interacted with through this forum and facebook. I am paddling my K1 this year but hope to see a lot of ski paddlers there also.

The Link to the Champs info is below and for more chat about Marathon Canoe racing is Australia go to our Facebook chat group www.facebook.com/groups/486445578117586/

Brett

Marathon Champs Website & Entries
www.canoe.org.au/?Page=27186

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by AR_convert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AR_convert
  • Platinum Member
  • Brett McDonald previous forum name :Pilbaralad
More
9 years 11 months ago #20341 by AR_convert
So here's an idea!

Grab two ski paddling mates, load up the roof racks for a road trip.

Head to Ballarat at Easter.

Win Gold, Silver and Bronze in the ski category.

Have a story to tell your grandkids how once you and your mates were Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists in the National champs.

Always looking for the next boat :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics