It's all about to happen in Perth!

More
9 years 5 months ago #22361 by [email protected]
Yeeeeha! Two weeks until I set off for Perth to do two awesome races: The West Coast Downwinder and the Doctor...

(Three races actually - I'm doing Sunset Series race on the Thursday before the Doctor too - can't wait!)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #22377 by richardh
Hi Rob.

I'm sure that you will be looked after and have a lot of fun in Perth.

There are a few regular contributors from the Perth area that may be able to provide information on other down wind possibilities.

Simon Hayward is a big fan of a Downwinder starting at Hillarys.

There are many fans of ‘The Cut Run’ in Mandurah which is about 14km and I believe you can extend this by about 10km to Singleton beach.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by richardh.

More
9 years 5 months ago #22409 by peteski
Hi Rob

Have a great trip and enjoy the races.

I'm interested to know what ski you'll be paddling when you're there :)

Fennix Swordfish S - Carbon Hybrid

More
9 years 5 months ago #22410 by [email protected]
Thanks for the good wishes!

Think Kayaks have very kindly sponsored my boat while I'm there, so I'll be on a Think Evo II... Can't wait.

I'll be posting a bunch of stuff about my goings on so look out for stories about kangaroos and paddling koalas.

And for personal reasons I dearly want to see a hairy nosed wombat!

Rob

Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebigadski, peteski

More
9 years 5 months ago #22412 by peteski
Sounds great...

It'll be interesting to hear how the International Evo II (made in China, I presume) compares with the locally made one.

Fennix Swordfish S - Carbon Hybrid

More
9 years 5 months ago #22416 by [email protected]
The local one compares quite well actually, Hein makes a really good quality product.

I paddled a Chinese boat two years ago in Hong Kong and it was beautifully put together.

Rob

More
9 years 5 months ago #22504 by thebigadski
Looking forward to it Rob, lets just hope the Fremantle Dr blows!!

Latest Forum Topics