Invitation to the participants in the Tour Round Madeira Island in Kayak

• Alain Jaques
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #2122 by Alain Jaques
Dear Athlete,

The "Centro Treino Mar" is responsible for the organization of the XVIIth edition of the Tour Round Madeira Island in Kayak taking place between the 23rd and the 31st of August 2008.

This year the Tour is integrating the celebrations of the 500th anniversary of the City of Funchal, which includes a wide program of cultural and sportive events, with the city properly decorated and ready to receive all those that wish to join these celebrations.

Our event, other than the competitive toughness already known by many, allows pleasant moments of joy and entertainment.

We think that it's compulsory that the athletes feel pleasure in defying the sea around Madeira Island, for the different conditions it presents throughout the several stages, in which the Round takes place, allowing exchange of experiences that only such a gathering allows and becoming a plus in each individual's adventure.

In terms of competition, we're testing a new classification system, in which the athletes add up the times made in each stage and the winner will be the one summing less time at the end of all stages.

We offer accommodation in schools, meals between the 26th and 31st of August and transfers from and to the airport.

We look forward to your inscription...

PS: further information please visit www.madeiraemcanoa.com

Regards

Rui Drumond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #2123 by stuartknaggs
My European friends tell me this is a fantastic event. Its definitely on my "to do " list - just unfortunately not this year. Maybe 2009.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics