How do you find races?

More
13 years 7 months ago #5039 by Beanboy
Greetings,

Was curious how folks find races. I usually end up hitting four or five club pages to put together all of the races in my area (New England) that I may be interested in doing.

There's some overlap for the larger races, but many times because some are freshwater versus saltwater, or a club points race, only one page will have that race listed.

How do you guys find/manage races you may be interested in/keep track of them all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andrew skeoch
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #5053 by andrew skeoch
Replied by andrew skeoch on topic Re:How do you find races?
Great for the soloist!
Often wonder how fast (or slowfor that matter) i am compared with others and other boats.
I enjoy the races to see the pit falls we all are vulnerable to . For example our last one in Toronto, Wai pui Kanata ( something like that). Rough lake conditions ( my element) i wiped out 5 times towards the end , either fatigue or side swells whatever, very humbling. Even with that i was the first surf ski over the line.
Hard to fit in the sch. but more the merrier.
List of local races would be great.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5620 by Joep
Replied by Joep on topic Re:How do you find races?
I am also looking for the events of 2011. Does anybody know the data of the bigger races (in europe)?
Greetz Joep

More
13 years 4 months ago #5621 by [email protected]
Anyone can upload events into our calendar and I would encourage race organisers to do so - or to send the information to me and I'll put it in for you...

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
13 years 4 months ago #5622 by [email protected]
(BTW Joep, I just saw that you had added an event and I hadn't seen it to approve it... I'm so sorry - my fault.)

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
13 years 4 months ago #5623 by Joep
Replied by Joep on topic Re:How do you find races?
Can happen. Next year we will do the same event, I will sent it in again ;-)

Latest Forum Topics