Fenn Cup - Jeremy Cotter wins

More
12 years 3 months ago #9514 by [email protected]
Just heard that Jeremy Cotter won the Fenn Cup today in Sydney...

Ben Allen second and Bruce Taylor third...

Therefore... Cotter leads the 2012 Oceanpaddler World Rankings! Go Jezza!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9519 by Rightarmbad

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 3 months ago #9535 by [email protected]
Interesting - the top 3 were miles in front of everyone else.

I see the Glicker got onto the 50+ podium, 34th overall... good on yer Glick!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
12 years 3 months ago #9540 by Dicko
Jasper Mocke won the duel from Dawid, then Brendon Sarson and I think Dean Gardiner was 4th. These aren't official just what I heard on the beach,cos everyone had packed up and gone home by the time I finished. By my reckoning that puts Dean Gardiner on top of the world rankings cos he did a race yesterday 3000 kms away. Some blokes really like downwinders.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9586 by Westley
Yes they would have been due to the east wind and swell conditions. All week we had excellent smooth southerly runners screaming up the coast but alas, on the day, the conditions changed to east. I paddled in my SES and regretted instantly not taken out an SR or more stable boat. The chop was enormous but the swell was still apparent. The pulse was such that the elite paddlers would have been able to jump onto them and plough on through but for those off that eliete pace it was a bit of a nightmare as we were left to paddle in a washing machine only to see swell after swell pass by. I think I managed about 3 or 4 for the entire 16 kms. Those top three would have been quick enough to pick them up at will. I reckon had I had the more stable boat I would have picked up plenty - time to buy a stable boat, trying out the new Stellar SEL, Fenn Swordfish and Epic V!0 sport next week to decide.

Today is the best day

More
12 years 1 month ago #10704 by Kennneee
Which boat did you choose Westly? I am curious how you compare the Swordfish to the Stellar SEL?

Ken

More
12 years 1 month ago #10706 by Westley
Sadly I have had the opportunity to try out the swordfish although my good friend Chris Storey from Capetown swears it is fantastic. I have tried the V10 sport and have had great results in two bumpy races in California. I did do well in the SEL but alas I haven't taken it out in significant bump and it was definitely slower than the SES in the flat. So I am afraid I can't shed much light on the issue for you.

Today is the best day

Latest Forum Topics