What about the new Zedtech Dominator

More
11 years 6 months ago #13253 by slim white
I am very interested to buy a Zedtech Dominator because its stability, speed, quality is lovely.Could somebody speak about this surfski?

When you get what you want you don´t want what you get

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13262 by Paul600
Slim,
I had a dominator and found it to be a great ski. It's very similar to a V10 with slightly less volume in the nose. In a back to back comparison I found mine slightly less stable than the V10 but there wasn't much in it. Construction wise, I had the racing layup which was meant to be 13kg but mine weighed in at about 14kg. The build quality was excellent and it didn't take in a drop of water in the 22 months I owned it. The only downsides for me were some of the fittings which were pretty basic ( but they worked nonetheless) and the fact that at 70kg I felt the boat was just too bouyant for me. I placed a chunk of foam to the back of the seat to move me forward in the boat and this helped getting onto runners but I felt I was blown about too much in a sidewind.

All in all, if you're over 85kg and are comfortable in a V10 then you'll probably like the Dominator.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13267 by slim white
Thank you very much Paul 600 for your interesting information about the Zedtech Dominator. I am doubting if choose yours or the more stable XL.
Did you check the model XL 615X 47 cms Mainly I am going to use in flat water by the moment. I normally use a Tahe wind 585 on sea and a Race Kayak for flat water. I have not any experience on surfski. Which one do you council me to choose?

More
11 years 6 months ago #13274 by Paul600
Although I've not paddled or even seen an XL, I understand it is similar to a V10 Sport. As to Dominator or XL, well, it depends on your stability/ability. Personally speaking, if you're just paddling on the flat then the stability of the XL is probably overkill and I'd go for the Dominator.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13275 by slim white
By the moment, I want to paddle on flat water only and when my skills assure me the total control and enough technique, then I shall go to sea. Meanwhile, do you think in flat water the Dominator will not be to much to star? Do you think that my experience with struer(K1) on flat water will be equal for this surfski?

More
11 years 6 months ago #13277 by Paul600
If you can paddle a K1 then you can paddler the Dominator no problem (on the flat).
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim white

More
11 years 6 months ago #13278 by slim white
Thank you Paul, you are very kind.

Latest Forum Topics