Paddling groups near Milford Connecticut

• MCImes
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #22418 by MCImes
Hey guys,
Well, its all but assured now; Ill be moving to Milford Connecticut in January. Im looking for some paddling groups in the area, either formal or an informal gathering of friends that seems to happen repeatedly.

I see the race series at surfskiracing.org and will hit up some races next season, but in the mean time, are there any groups that paddle together on a semi regular basis? Anything in Bridgeport, Milford, or New Haven would be convenient. I'd prefer a group oriented towards fitness/race training, but beggars cant be choosers, so anything could work.

Also, if anyone is from the area, could you recommend a place or business that offers boat storage? I may need to stash my boats somewhere for a few months until I buy a house. I'd have (2) 18'6" canoes (5.64 meters) and a 20' surfski (6.1m) Close to the Milford Harbor would be ideal.

I come from a canoe racing background, so if anyone in the area wants to cross train or just paddle hard with a single blade, give me a shout. Ill need to find some new partners to race with! (when im not on a ski of course :) )

Last thought: Im in the market for a Gen 2 Epic V10 or V10 sport. Drop me a message if you have one you want to sell. Im only interested in the 2nd generation V10's unless its a smoking good price. (a SEI, Hawx, or any Huki with a gullwing might work as well)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by MCImes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #22421 by Trilobite
Hey, Mark here, from oceanpaddlesportseast.com. We corresponded for a bit while you were anticipating the move. Shoot me an email to contact any of our group. We paddle year round out of Westport and Greenwich, and one of our informal group goes out of Milford with regularity. If you're looking for a V10 Sport, V10, etc., or even a Swordfish, Elite, Glide, or something of that ilk, we have a number in stock in most of the layups. Being that it's season's end, the prices are definitely right. Give us a shout. Cheers!

"Nice? It's the only thing," said the Water Rat, solemnly, as he leaned forward for his stroke. "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
'The Wind in the Willows'~Kenneth Grahame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics