New to the board in Miami FL

More
14 years 4 months ago #3963 by dpsurfer
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been paddling for a couple of years and always looking for other paddlers in my area. If your local or visiting drop me a note. I have access to spare skis too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3966 by RHamady
Aloha DPSurfer,

There's a small contingent of us Ski paddlers here in the Mid-Atlantic, Virginia Beach to more specific. Would be nice if we were all closer so we could get some folks together and have some paddles on a regular basis. I admire your location, nice and warm all year, we are already in our wetsuits and booties here. Water is about 58 degrees and getting colder by the day, mid-winter here the water gets to about 40 degrees for a couple months......We just put on more rubber, gotta get wet !!

I'm sure there are some Ski paddlers down there, keep searching and have fun!!

Aloha,
-Rich

More
14 years 4 months ago #3975 by dpsurfer
Thanks Rich,

I just spent all this week in PA for work in 25-40F weather and I do feel very lucky to have great weather year around. The water rarely dips below 70F. I usually have to worry about staying cool vs warm.
I have spent some time in nor Cal and know the feeling of cold water and what you guys endure. My hats off to you guys on the water year around!
I'm amazed there are not more people on skis down here with the weather and warm water. Heard of a group of lifeguards that paddle on occasion and I'm going to try to paddle with them, but that is it.

Diego

More
12 years 7 months ago #7697 by Andres Coll
I am in Miami, so we'll keep in touch. Very rare to see another ski on the water, I have never seen one. Most people don't even know what that is. I understand the lifeguards do their training Thursdays early in the morning but I work at that time. I'm usually around Virginia Key and Key Biscayne, see you there one of these days.

Andres

More
12 years 7 months ago #7699 by mckengmsurfski
Have you guys contacted Bruce Gipson?
He's a great guy and would know the paddling scene in South FL.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7706 by flatdog
Andres:

There are a few ski paddlers using the South Beach/Virgina Key/Key Biscayne water. Some launch out of MRC. Contact me and I will put you in touch.

Geoff

Latest Forum Topics