FS in SoCal - Good deal on Red7 RF60 or Ocean Predator

• MCImes
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #36806 by MCImes
Good deal on a Red7 ski, a brand we rarely see here
orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/d/laguna...ddle/7139026064.html

19'4 x 19" model. Good intermediate boat for the ocean. I'd buy it just cause I've never tried a red7 and im a boat whore, but need to cull the herd before I add more. Hopefully someone local can score this good deal!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BigFish
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #36807 by BigFish
I've got a Red7 Surf60 as a hack boat to send newer people out in. They're not a great shape. Ok primary stability but less secondary stability than some elite skis, and really wide, flat and low buckets that paddlers slop around in.

More
3 years 10 months ago #36820 by Paddlehead
Red7 are one of the great innovators in surfski. Their demise was truly sad. The Red7 surf70 pro was a great ski. The Venturi bullet first appeared on this ski. The low rocker, narrow ski was the forerunner to the other flat water rockets that appeared in that generation. The Green7 spurned from this ski. If you ever get the chance to buy or try one you should do yourself a favour. Mind you, their other ski's weren't that flash.

Current: NK Storm 61, Kayak Centre Zeplin.

Past: Epic gen3 V10, Fenn Elite carbon, Fenn Elite Vac glass, Fenn Elite SL, Gen 1 Stellar SEL ultra, Epic V10 gen 2, Carbonology Vault, Fenn Swordfish, Red7 pro 70, Think Legend, Red7 60, Fenn Xt.

Latest Forum Topics