Introducing Hydrothon

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #20369 by SSouthwell
Hydrothon is a new multi discipline sport that is popping up around Australia. Open to individuals or relay teams a Hydrothon consists of a 1.3km Swim|11km Ski Paddle|10km Run. Ocean Kayaks are allowed to take part as this is not an SLSA sanctioned event.

The next race is at Greenmount Beach on 18th May 2014. To find out more just go to www.hydrothon.com.au

Other events on the 2014 calendar are Southport, Manly, Cronulla & Glenelg.

Cheers

Steve

Hydrothon
Swim|Paddle|Run
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #20389 by Stew
Replied by Stew on topic Introducing Hydrothon
I had the pleasure of attending one of Steve's races, the Royal Challenge, here in Sydney a few months ago. It was really well run, great fun atmosphere and he works really hard to make it the best it can be for competitors. You won't be disappointed to take part, I'm sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SSouthwell

More
10 years 1 week ago #20393 by EK Sydney
Replied by EK Sydney on topic Introducing Hydrothon
I raced in the first Hydrothon at Cronulla last September. To me it's the logical multi sport event for us paddlers, triathlon without the big commitment a road bike brings, a chance to do some racing which has a run & swim leg.
It was a great event, hard as hell but something I want to have another go at.
Mark.

More
10 years 1 week ago #20394 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic Introducing Hydrothon
As one of many people with busted up knees that can't run any longer, I'd love to see multi-sport events that DON'T have a run leg in it. Swim-paddle-bike would be great. Most MTB races are chucked full of vets/masters that are former triathletes with dodgy knees. I think a multi sport race for that end of the market would be pretty successful.

Latest Forum Topics