advise on location for leg leash

• sv607
  • Fenn SwordFish S,Stellar SR,Fenn XT
More
9 years 3 months ago #23228 by sv607
Just some advice on location to hook up leg leash. always been on the ski on some waves. i never have used the leash in the surf too dangerous. but am doing some more open water and just want to be safe using the leash . heard people hooking the lead up to some places and ripping part of the ski mounts off. on my Stellar its got anchor points for leash . but on my Fenn. just want to secure to the best place.

thanks in advance

Paddle Smart. Come Home Alive :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #23232 by Kayaker Greg
Yes its a bit slack of Fenn not to provide a secure anchor point for your leg leash. I attach mine to the centre of the foot strap, then I use a couple of the Stellar velcro wrap arounds from their foot straps either side, this works well for me and is comfortable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sv607

More
9 years 3 months ago #23233 by sAsLEX
I have the leash attachment around the footstrap at the left side as I use the leash on my left leg and generally get on from the left, dangles nicely that way.

What is the yellow thing in front of the peddles?

• sv607
More
9 years 3 months ago #23237 by sv607
its a Hard Dry Case. i use it for my keys. and phone. not a big fan of leaving keys hidden some place on the car.

More
9 years 3 months ago #23238 by Kayaker Greg
Be better to have your phone on you though, just in case your leash fails eh?

• sv607
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #23246 by sv607
i should of said its my Ski phone. i carry two iphones. the one on the ski and one in a dry bag on me. the one on the ski has find my phone on. got the idea from my friend who lost his ski. on the water. and logged into his apple account and used find my phone. he found his ski washed up on the beach. it gave him a close location of it. so thought well not a bad idea. at least he got his ski back and no damage to it. i know there is software that will send out GPS location when in trouble. i am looking into that for both myself and the ski. at least have backup. i do carry a VHF in my PFD still got a lot to learn and want to come home safe. always close to shore and have others with me.i have read so many times people go out and get into trouble with no way of getting help. when on the water always treat it with respect plan ahead.

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sv607.

Latest Forum Topics