Joe Glickman

More
8 years 11 months ago #24016 by jazzman
Joe Glickman was created by jazzman
I've just come across a reference on a Facebook site offering an RIP to Joe Glickman. I can't find any other reference to this on the web.
I hope it isn't true but sadly I suspect it might be. I never met Joe but thoroughly enjoyed his writing. He had the capacity to express the thoughts of many paddlers but in a fluent, self deprecating and very humorous way. His video " Sitting on a Skinny Boat" was superbly done and extremely well edited.
So apologies if I'm wrong but if the news is true , then RIP Joe. Your insights will be missed by many , I suspect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #24018 by jazzman

More
8 years 11 months ago #24019 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Joe Glickman
Yep, I'm sorry to confirm it, but it is true. Joe died late Thursday evening New York time after having fought cancer for just over a year in a typically courageous manner, never giving up.

His Facebook page has been flooded with tributes from all over the world. He was one of those people who made friends wherever he went; he took an interest in everyone he met.

He had a sense of humour second to none. A sharper, funnier, wiser man I have yet to meet.

Glicker, we miss you.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
8 years 11 months ago #24020 by Joseph
Replied by Joseph on topic Joe Glickman
RIP Joe,

Sad so young, a great writer and always a gentle-man, at a race years gone by in Hawaii a Lot of folks fig we were father and Son we had about the same build, Be well Joe on the run in the ski.

Cheers Joseph

Joseph

Latest Forum Topics