Keeping abreast of changes.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13751 by Rightarmbad
For those that haven't discovered this:

This first link may not work as you need to register to view.
But the second one is the generic website.

www.reinforcedplastics.com/view/28031/de...g-processing-part-2/

www.reinforcedplastics.com

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13753 by kayakchampeen
Thanks for the link RAB. I have a fair amount of knowledge re. composites but am always interested in what lies on the horizon. Did see mention of resin systems being developed that are "recyclable". While I'm a bit skeptical, I would very much like this to come to pass as it's pretty obvious that FRP boatbuilding is not the greenest industry going.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #13754 by Rightarmbad
I've been following the low temp easy storage prepregs as hopefully this will make us some lighter cheaper boats....

Did the first link work for you or did you register?

Recyclable, reminds me of a story I was just told the other day of one of our ironman stars breaking his ski offshore and coming to shore miles from home.

Apparently unable to paddle or carry it, he just buried the two pieces in the sand and walked home.........

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Rightarmbad.

Latest Forum Topics