Fenn Bluefins at Cape Point

More
10 years 9 months ago #18010 by CoastPop
A group (7) of us paddled around Cape Point last Saturday. Sea lumpy with fair sized swells. 3 Fenn Bluefin, 2 Fenn Swordfish, 1 Custom Horizon and 1 Sea Kayak. All (except Sea Kayak) of similar level of experience - only the 3 Bluefins and the Sea Kayak ventured past the Point - great testimony to the stability of these surfskis. see
The following user(s) said Thank You: TaffyMick, Carcharodon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #18011 by TaffyMick
Have a Bluefin and a Swordfish, both in the carbon lay up. My Bluefin is my choice in any lumpy messy swell and side chop. The Swordfish I use for speed and fitness paddling in calmer waters. Not having to spend time and energy concentrating and maintaining stability, or remounting for that matter, enables me to enjoy offshore paddling a hell of a lot more.

This video mirrors my experience when I first paddled a demo Bluefin and wrote a review on it. To me, not only the best beginners ski on the market at the moment, but also a fun ski in the surf for the more experienced paddler too.

Going to be using my Bluefin in the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic in Australia this coming October. 111km overnight paddle on a large tidal river. Believe the Bluefin will be perfect for the this event particularly it's stability when you have those tippy little micro-sleep moments paddling between 1:00am and Dawn ;)

Stellar SEI, Fenn Bluefin S, Sladecraft Comet Long Rec & Vajda K1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoastPop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics