Fenn XT Double short(ish) legs question

More
11 years 3 months ago #15091 by CoastPop
I recently acquired a Fenn XT Double. I have moved the pedals as far back towards me as possible and find that although I can control the pedals ok, my heels are almost a cm from the base plate - caused by the hump under my calves. I have noticed that the track is a fair bit shorter than my single XT and there is room to insert a longer track - would this work?. An alternative would be to stick a hard rubber pad to the bottom of the footplate. Anyone else experience this and if so what was the solution.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #15092 by antonsa
Pad up the bottom of the footwell. If your balance is ok do the same in the seat area to keep the bum feet height ratio good. A longer rail will make the hump under the legs come more into play.
Enjoy

Anton
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoastPop

More
11 years 3 months ago #15093 by CoastPop
Thanks Anton. After posting this, I managed to get hold of Dawid Mocke at The Paddling Centre and he suggested the same. On to it!

More
11 years 3 months ago #15094 by AR_convert
Our clubs XT double (Mandurah Ocean Club) had the rear hump lowered so kids and shorter people could better fit in the rear bucket. Given that the stability of the XT double is attractive to take family / beginners out on I'd have thought this would have been considered. Does anyone know if Keith Fenn is aware and would consider a design change?

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics