Gel seat pads

• GRFo
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15316 by GRFo
Gel seat pads was created by GRFo
Has anyone had experience with gel seat pads like skwoosh pads? Have tried a number of variations of foam pads to relieve pressure with limited success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #15317 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re: Gel seat pads

GRFo wrote: Has anyone had experience with gel seat pads like skwoosh pads? Have tried a number of variations of foam pads to relieve pressure with limited success.

Tricky this, I tried a gel pad but the movement of the gel meant less stability. In a more stable ski it may not be as noticeable. Firm foam gives better feedback and stability but after 20km or so I still end up with a sore butt. I am trying to find a compromise for 30km plus and am experimenting with different density and thickness foams.

Always looking for the next boat :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by AR_convert.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15319 by JML
Replied by JML on topic Re: Gel seat pads
The benefit of the Skwoosh Gel Pads over foam or normal gel pads is that the consistency of the patented gel pockets does not change with use. What happens to gels and foams is that they lose their effectiveness as they get hot and you will get that squishy feeling and feel less stable because of this on normal gels. Foam just loses its effectiveness once it has compressed as far as it can go. The one that we recommend for skis is the 'Xtreme' or the 'Rowing' as these are not as thick as the 'Paddling' which is more for larger sea kayak type seats.
Available in Australia through www.fitnesspaddlers.com.au

• AndyN
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #15348 by AndyN
Replied by AndyN on topic Re: Gel seat pads
By far the best solution I have found is the foam pad + the Tesco's or Sainsbury's plastic bag.

Latest Forum Topics