ICF Ocean Racing World Champs - Update

More
11 years 2 months ago #15530 by [email protected]
UPDATE - ICF Surfski Ocean Racing World Championships - Porto 12-14 July (Portugal)

FENN Surfski Hire at ICF World Champs in Portugal
If you are wanting to Hire a FENN Surfski at ICF World Championships you need to do the Following

1. Enter the ICF World Championship Event on summerchallenge.nelo.eu
2. Do not Select a Boat Hire through summerchallenge.nelo.eu
3. Once you have received your confirmation of Payment for Entry to the World Champs you can then Drop an email to Travis Smith on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to book yourself a FENN Surfski
4. Your FENN Surfski Hire will Cost 200Euros which will be Payable at the event in Portugal.

FENN Kayaks can only send a Limited amount of New Surfski's to Portugal and they want to Ensure that their dedicated customers get first Option.

EPIC Kayaks & Nelo Surfski Hire
Currently on summerchallenge.nelo.eu , you can Book and Pay for
Nelo Surfski Hire (100 Euros)
and Epic Kayaks Surfski Hire (250 - 300 Euro)

GROUP Flight Booking Discounts
Currently the Best Group Flights I have been able to Get is R9500 Departing Johannesburg on 6July and Returning on 15July on Emirates. This Flight will however land in Lisbon which will mean a 3hour Train or Bus ride to Porto.

I have made contact with Lufthansa/SAA BUT they could not give me a Group Booking for the dates I am looking For. They could only give me a group flight back on 19 July which would mean an extra 5 nights in Porto after the race(Not exactly Idea, Infact it SUX).

The price lufthansa gave me was R13 200 which is WAY higher than Emirates. Okes are Smoking their socks!

Currently on Lufthansa you can get Flights directly to Porto from JHB for around R11 500.

For Flights to Portugal Contact Nathalie Carbonel who has been doing all the Leg Work with me
Cell: 083 777 9413 or
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

SA Surfski Team Nomination
All paddlers who want to make themselves available for selection to Represent South Africa at the ICF Surfski Ocean Racing World Championships in u/18, u/23, open, AND All Masters Age Groups must complete and return a SA Surfski Team Nomination form by End of Business on 31 March 2013.

If you want a SA Surfski Team Nomination Form simply email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will send you a form. (The Thing is a beast: 16 Pages long and Requires you to READ carefully).

SA Surfski Team Financial Assistance
Canoe South Africa currently has a R100 000 Budget to send the SA Team to ICF Surfski World Championships. With an Expected Total Tour Cost of R20 000 per Paddler. This will mean that:

1> Only Medal Contenders are going to be selected for the CSA Fund assisted Tour (Max 9 People out of U18, U23 & Open)
2> Others will be selected To Represent CSA on a Self-Funded Basis in U18, U23 & Open
3> Masters were always going to be on a self funded basis

SA Trial
All paddlers who want to Represent SA must compete at the SA Trial at The 2013 MAZARS SA Surfski Champs in East London on 27/28 April.

Hit www.canoesa.co.za for Entry to the SA Champs NOW

ONCE
Billy Harker

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics