Seat put for my Dominator

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #15806 by slim white
Hello Greg, I shall appreciate if you could send me photos of the process of making a seat put that you were going to produce for your arriving surfski.

When you get what you want you don´t want what you get

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #15807 by Kayaker Greg
If you are talking to me, I've already made my seat for my new Swordfish today. Sorry, took no photos.
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #15808 by slim white
Hello Greg. In case you made photos of the process I shall very much appreciate that you send some one. I am going to receive my new Zedtech Dominator XL and was planning to include some pad and as I could see your is perfect

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #15813 by Kayaker Greg
I've added a few pics of the 1st rough cut of the seat for my Swordfish to my Facebook album on making kayak seats. Hopefully you have an account and can view and that this is of some help to you. Holes maybe cut for the sit bones if needed, what the pics don't show is that there are two main layers laminated, holes can be cut in the bottom layer if needed, but this was pretty comfortable over 1.5 hours, although often it takes a longer paddle to start showing up the pressure points.
Every kayak, ski and person is different and different options are needed in each case.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.348244...0002425151844&type=1

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #15828 by slim white
Thank you very much Greg for your interesting photos. You have had very good ideas that I shall try to copy or imitate. In the surfski is very very important, if you have not a armed bottom,to do something to avoid the bones painful when paddling turning the torso. Also, a pad like yours helps to fix and centre the position of the bottom over the ski, avoiding to paddle leaned.

More
10 years 10 months ago #16944 by 7ender
Greg, any chance you could repost those pics? I read about how you made the pad in another thread, but the pics there werent working either, i'm very curious as to what it looks like.

Thanks!

More
10 years 10 months ago #16945 by Kayaker Greg
I'm sorry, they have never been posted within surfski.info, just a link to the album on my Facebook page with instructions and pictures. The link is a few threads up, if you don't have a Facebook account I'm not sure but don't think you will be able to view them.

More
10 years 10 months ago #16946 by 7ender
Hm, I do have a facebook but whenever I try to look at them, I get this:

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

More
10 years 10 months ago #16947 by Kayaker Greg
Sorry, try now as somehow it must of got changed for only friends to view, its now on public like it was originally.

More
10 years 10 months ago #16948 by 7ender
Awesome thanks Greg. It looks great.

More
10 years 10 months ago #16949 by Kayaker Greg
Just to add, something that has been quite helpful in making a few of these seats for skis etc, is to take a knife with you and even a strip of foam to insert where needed as its not really until you are on the water that you can feel where foam could be added or removed for the best comfort, and sometimes it doesn't become apparent what works until after an hour or so. If you have the ability to make changes while you are out there, it can save a lot of time.

Latest Forum Topics