Stellar SE

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #16279 by mickeyA
Stellar SE was created by mickeyA
When reading reviews and comparisons about Stellar ski's, it seems as thought the SES (for lighter paddlers) and SEL (lower profile) are the only models considered. What is the status of the SE? Anybody still buying SE's? When is the SE at an advantage (size of paddler, conditions, skill leve...)? Thanks

KR McGregor Rhythm, V10Sport, Swordfish S, Fenn Tarpon S, Fenn XT, Twogood Chalupski, Findeisen Stinger spec. Had: V12, Stellar SE, Huki S1-X, Burton wedge2, Fenn Tarpon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #16282 by Kayaker Greg
Replied by Kayaker Greg on topic Re: Stellar SE
The SE is the larger volume model of the SEL although the SEL I believe has an updated seating position which helps give it its amazing stability, thats what I've read anyway. I know a paddler with an SE and an SES and he is trying to sell his SE so he can have another SES, one at each club that he belongs too. The SE and the SEL are great in larger conditions, perhaps the SE would be a better option than the SEL for a real big person, but to be honest I think most would be better in the SEL as I just don't experience any issues with the SEL not having enough volume but I've only ranged from 83kg to now 73kg since I've had it, but know of bigger guys that have used the SEL as well without issue. If doing purely big downwinds for a big guy the SE would be fine, but most of us paddle these things upwind, cross wind etc as well. You might get a 2nd hand SE for cheaper at there is less demand for them.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Kayaker Greg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics