Quick release bungy system for resistance training

More
10 years 11 months ago #16978 by Kayaker Greg
For those who have Facebook accounts you can check out my quick release system for resistance training here.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.455823...0002425151844&type=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #16989 by sAsLEX

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #16990 by Kayaker Greg
Nice idea, yet to use so need to discover how much is going to be enough or to much resistance. Alan Ferguson also has been in touch to point out that the resistance is much greater when the bungy is further forward. But I wanted the ability to remove during the paddle if I desired. A quick release system further forward with a pull rope was my first idea, might go that way yet.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
10 years 11 months ago #17003 by nell
While it is true that the bungee further forwards will provide increased resistance on the ski, I don't think that's a great idea because it will muck up the water in the area of your catch - affecting your paddle blade entry and pull. Go for something under your knees or just aft of the seat. A simple bungee with two clasping hooks works well.

For shorter sprint sessions, you can go with higher resistance like a ball on the bungee. For longer sessions, i.e. hours long, too much resistance will change your technique - which you don't want. Better to go with something that just scrubs off a bit of glide like a bare bungee.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #17004 by Kayaker Greg
Thanks Nell, thats what I was thinking too. I have plenty of foam that I could make blocks out of as well for added resistance if needed, but it would be a gradual progression over a number of weeks anyway if I thought it was warranted. Just a little resistance to start with is all I'm looking for. Also it would only be for half the session after a long warm up, maintaining my cadence with the extra resistance would be what I'm after.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
10 years 11 months ago #17007 by CoastPop
My friend Chuck Norris tows a bucket behind his ski. Chews through the rope when he wants to release it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kayaker Greg

Latest Forum Topics