SF Peninsula Bay Area Community

More
9 months 1 week ago #40579 by slosorelli
Greetings,

I'm a 30-year-old on the SF Peninsula and consider myself to be at the intermediate recreational level. I go out on the SF Bay and more enjoyably on the ocean from SF to Monterey when I can. I occasionally make it out to paddle with the Half Moon Bay community. Hoping to find an even more local crew around my age to get out with, to push distance and downwind offshore especially where it isn't always the safest idea to venture out solo. Comment/message me if you are interested in paddling together, and maybe I can serve to connect a few of us disparate surfskiiers in the area!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #40580 by NikGo
There is a small group of us doing regular downwinds in South Bay, from Oyster Point to Foster CIty, for example. But I think the average paddler age is well over 40 LOL. Paddling 2-3 times a week typically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #40708 by Really clever username
I'm considering getting a surfski; I'm a pretty experienced sea kayaker but would no doubt be a terrible surfskier for a while. Is your group all pretty fast?

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #40709 by NikGo
There's a mix of abilities, from beginner to advanced. The important part is the ability to shuttle the boats for diwnwinds. ;-)

By the way, there are a couple clubs that have surfskis available to the members or their guests: BIAC in Redwood City (gobair.org) and BPRC in Berkeley (berkeleyrowingclub.org). I store my boat at the BIAC and paddle there regularly. Their club boats include Epic V5, V8, and V8 Pro. The Berkeley club has other options, but I'm not very familiar with them.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #40796 by Really clever username
Well, if there are any members of your group that are itiching to go out with a slow and totally inexperienced paddler in calm conditions, please put them in contact with me. I just bought a used Nelo 510.

Latest Forum Topics