Gen 1 Think Evo

More
5 years 5 months ago #32998 by SpaceSputnik
Gen 1 Think Evo was created by SpaceSputnik
Hi All

A quick question. Is Gen 1 Evo significantly different (worse) than the gens 2 and 3?
I am trying to determine if it's worth the trouble shipping a used one from across the country (seems doable but not sure if it's worth the hassle...probably not).

I am 5'6" 160 lb (ish) trying to get out of a V7 for the next season.

Thanks a bunch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #33001 by Fath2o
Replied by Fath2o on topic Gen 1 Think Evo
I have a Kevlar gen 1 Evo and have paddled a gen 2 on a short in and out with moderate downwind conditions.
The gen 2 is definitely more responsive and better for downwind surfing. It has an improved hull with better rocker. I believe it may be slightly less stable, but more forgiving of mistakes when downwind paddling. I found the foot well to be a bit cramped for my big calves though. The original single small diameter bailer is less than adequate for my needs. That being said my gen 1 Evo is still my go to ski for big downwinders. I still very much enjoy it and it's very stiff light weight quality construction. It does have a wide catch though. I just haven't shopped for a new ski in a while. Think my next boat will probably be a used Swordfish S, hopefully.
I'm thinking if you are going to get it shipped, it better be cheap, light and in excellent condition.
Wesly Echols is a big fan of the Evo and has reviewed all three versions just in case you haven't already seen them.

www.surfskiracing.org/2018/03/think-evo-...mate-surfski-review/

Considering your size and weight, the Evo is a high volume boat. I installed 1 inch or so seat pad that makes my 26 lb. ski quite "corky". I'm 5'9" and 215 lbs. I feel it is a good fit for me.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Fath2o.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpaceSputnik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics