Think Foot Strap

4 months 3 weeks ago #34990 by SpaceSputnik
Now that I am committed to carry a navigation device with me at all times (re: Getting Lost topic), I have found the double Think strap not very suitable.
I never used it as a double strap because it seems it's built for bare feet only. I always wear neoprene boots, it'd be a challenge to squeeze in even in my summer ones. Never mind, the huge winter ones worn over a layered drysuit. So I removed the center attachment to make it one large strap, but the problem with that is that its too large and has a very limited adjustment.  With a GPS navigator on it, things get even worse as there's no good way to clip so it stays when kicked during a remount.
So this is what I came up with. It's a pretty simple strap I made out of an Ikea mattress carrying strap. Basically a strong nylon strap with one side being all velcro. It's fully adjustable and my electronics should stay on.

I just finished making it and wanted to post it to get feedback on perhaps anything that I might be missing. One thing is that it's not padded, but I am not expecting discomfort with shoes on.
Another thing is that it's not double-velcroed, such as for instance the way Epic seems to make their stuff. Given the amount of velcro surface I think I am good?
Any other thoughs?

PS Sorry about crappy garage pics. They always look horrible.

Current: Think Evo II, Stellar SES 1g.
Past: Epic V7
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics

Epic V8 Pro vs. Think Zen (10 Posts)

11 hours 56 minutes ago

Surfski Bucket Padding (1 Posts)

13 hours 56 minutes ago

Epic v10 sport volume (4 Posts)

1 day 21 hours ago
Protected by R Antispam