Epic V10 vs Fenn Elite

More
14 years 1 month ago #4185 by Jasonberry
I am considering upgrading my ski, and am looking for some advice. I am considering an Epic V10 and the Fenn Elite. Can anyone let me know about the handling and stability of the two ski's.

Thanks
Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4187 by AndrewN
Replied by AndrewN on topic Re: Epic V10 vs Fenn Elite
Jason, search for the extensive reviews of both on this website.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4191 by Boof Head
What are you upgrading from? I just recently purchased a V10 after having paddled a Red7 Surf70 for a couple of years. At this stage I am not paddling any faster because the Red7 is so much more stable and tracks like a train, in comparison, i have to pay a lot more attention when I'm in the V10. Haven't had it out in the ocean yet that'll be next week. biggest plus so far is that the V10 is lighter, so accelerates quicker and turns so much easier than the red7. I'm certainly not a top level paddler so of course my opinion will differ greatly from the next bloke. Lots of things to take in to account.
cheers

More
14 years 1 month ago #4193 by Jasonberry
Thanks for the reply. I'm upgrading from a "Think Evo" which I find very stable.

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #4200 by pilbaralad
Replied by pilbaralad on topic Re: Epic V10 vs Fenn Elite
I am in the process of getting another ski after coming off a V10 sport.

Very interesting to hear your thoughts on the Red 7, I have paddled a V10 and V10L a few times and find them remarkably stable coming from the sport (but I do paddle a lot). I was going to look at a red7 thats for sale on geartrade but if you have moved to a V10 from one that probably tells me I dont need to.

When looking at the V10 be aware that medium to small paddlers will be better suited to the V10L due to the slight change in set-up.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4228 by Boof Head
Brett,
Regarding my comments about the red7 surf70; the only advantage that the V10 has over the Surf70, IMO thus far, given the type of conditions that I paddle, is the lighter weight. If my surf70 was only 15kgs, then I would be keeping it. The surf70 is better suited to a bigger bloke though. So might be too big if you are also considering a V10L.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4247 by lost john
Yo Boofhead,
Now I'm curious what year your surf70 is. Mine is a 2006, and much tippier than the V10's I have paddled. The other surf70 is older and identical to the Valheru, and a bit more tippier even. Do you mean you have a surf70 Pro?
John

More
14 years 1 month ago #4248 by Boof Head
G'Day John,
i have one of these
www.surfski.info/index.php?option=com_co...3:reviews&Itemid=100

Actually it's my second one.
i find it super stable compared to my newly purchased used V10. I purchased the Red7 second hand so I don't actually know how old it is but based on review in link it probably is around 2006. I hhave also paddled a surf70 pro and found that to be heaps tippier than my surf 70.
I'll be taking the V10 for a surf this Easter which should be interesting, however, i'm taking my Red7 as well just in case.
Cheers, boof