Karma Indicator "faceless judgement"

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #4295 by pilbaralad
Karma Indicator "faceless judgement" was created by pilbaralad
It seems my posts have concerned :dry: , upset :ohmy: , angered :angry: or annoyed :unsure: some forum members, this is a new phenomenon to me in the forums world, not sure I like it.

I imagine it could be useful for weeding out faceless posters who are very biased in the few posts they make, trying to steer people towards one boat brand or another etc.

I have come on here as someone 12 months into ski paddling, sharing what I have found and sharing my learning journey for the benefit of others like me.

For the amount of members on here it seems a lot of people are content to sit and pass judgement rather than speak thier peace or call a persons bluff :blush: , much as has been done in the stellar thread which turned out to be very insightful for all concerned. ;)

So nows your chance, if you think posters like me shouldnt be on here, vote away, get my "Karma" as low as you can, and I'll slink out the back door dusting the sand from by boots, only to come back as a guest and read as I did in the past. B)

Or new posters like me can be encouraged and when neceassary told to pull thier head in or challenged in a thread, after all it is a forum, not a vote on who can write the best posts for judgement by others.

STEPS DOWN FROM SOAPBOX :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4296 by Sandy
Dude , if your karma is based on others judgements than you have more to worry about than posts on an internet forum. :)

• pilbaralad
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #4297 by pilbaralad
Replied by pilbaralad on topic Re:Karma Indicator
Sandy wrote:

Dude , if your karma is based on others judgements than you have more to worry about than posts on an internet forum. :)

Dont worry mate, I have a pretty healthy self esteem and a thick skin coming from years as a traffic copper, just dont see the need for this "Karma" system, sure rate the thread for usefullness etc, but to rate the poster, poor form :dry:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4304 by [email protected]

just dont see the need for this "Karma" system

Yeah, I agree, I'm not sure what it means either. It was there in the forum system by default. I just switched it off. No more karma!

Votes are generally sometimes a bit dodgy - in articles sometimes I'm not sure whether folks are voting that the article is bad or whether the news in the article is bad!

But I'm all in favor of interaction and I think on balance that the article and comments votes play more of a positive than a negative role.

Cheers
Rob

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4323 by Westley
I would like to offer support - I prefer to answer your challenging comments rather than wonder what the lurkers are thinking. Don't be disturbed. It shows that you are interested in this great sport and wouldn't it be bland if we all agreed.

Today is the best day

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #4324 by AR_convert
Cheers Mate, will try to tone down the "pro" this or that tone and be objective as possible, I realise these forums are there to inform and provoke debate, not be a sales tool.

Always looking for the next boat :)