Re: Garmin 405

More
15 years 10 months ago #1961 by superted
Re: Garmin 405 was created by superted

Pretty good - it's a crisp, sharp display, better quality I'd say than the 305.
However, it only shows a max. of 3 numbers and the smallest is very small.

So Rob, attached to yr footstrap the 405 is easier to read then the 305?

(Previously I'd found the 305 easier to read then the 301 just because of the sharpness)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1962 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Garmin 405

Do you think basic mapping option is a big loss for those moving from the 305 to 405?

Not for me, because I've never used the mapping function - when using the navigation feature, I've only used the GoTo function that displays the compass.

The 405 has this - but, and this is another "don't like feature" for me, it doesn't show the Distance Remaining.

The only thing that kept me sane during Molokai was watching the distance-to-go come down (albeit excruciatingly slowly).

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2342 by superted
Replied by superted on topic Re: Garmin 405
Hey Rob, Did you manage to get your review finished for the garmin 405.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by superted.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2344 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Re: Garmin 405
Yep, I'll be posting it shortly. Essentially my conclusion was that in my opinion the 305 is still the better unit for paddlers.

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Latest Forum Topics