cart for rolling a surfski

More
15 years 9 months ago #2312 by fiedler
I am looking for a set of wheels to roll my double surfski about 5 blocks (< 1km) on the road.

Any suggestion, please? Something simple & lockable.

I saw this online: tinyurl.com/6kboch

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2323 by Boof Head
i'm a roller. I rolled my sea kayak (26kgs)for several years about 600metres to river. no worries. I've since bought a surf ski (red7surf70) and roll that with the same cart but with mods. I built my own cart based on this image but added larger pnuematic tyres such as in your post
www.clcboats.com/shoptips/fitting_out/kayak_cart.html
it suited the kayak but i had some problems with clearance because of the under hull rudder. i raised it up about 100mm. The cart is placed just in front of the rudder and I push the ski in front of me holding the bow as opposed to the kayak which I pulled along behind me by the front carry handle.
I use my cart when I am up the Sunshine coast as well, dodging traffic as I cross BUsy Areodrome Rd at Alex Heads. The pnuematic tyres allow me to push the boat across the sand right up to the waters edge.
I would suggest that you try your ski in a kayak cart first before buying, You may have to modify.
Cheers

More
15 years 8 months ago #2454 by Tecpartner
I have used the Wheeleez cart (pictured as an aternative) successfully for years, with kayaks. Now that I have a V10S ski at 20' long, the cart is too low. I hold the stern, (to protect the rudder), but I scrape the bow when I go over a bump, or up my driveway. I'm looking for a cart with more clearance.

I only have to wheel the ski 75 Meters to the water.

I'd rather be paddling....

Think EVO II
Epic V10S
Nelo 520
Epic V8

• Brad
  • Visitor
15 years 8 months ago #2455 by Brad
Replied by Brad on topic Re:cart for rolling a surfski
Hi
I use a cheap golf cart with a few modifications to run 800m to my local launch spot. The ski sits with the cart somewhat forward of the scuppers - I tie webbing around the ski and cart to hold them together, and hold the tail/stern. There is plenty of vertical clearance so there is no risk of gouging the nose of the ski. See what is available in your local golf shop!

Latest Forum Topics