Footwell Bag for surfski

More
14 years 8 months ago #3560 by Beanboy
Started to think about getting a bag that fills the footwell area on my V10S. Waterproof would be good, but mainly looking for something that fits well/has clips/straps in the right spot for clipping to boat bungee as well as having a spot for a handheld GPS.

Looking for something to help reduce the amount of water in the boat as well as offering just enough space for a summer overnight, ie change of clothes, tarp, blanket, food.

Anybody come across anything that works well?

Thanks!

-B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3561 by YBA/Jim Murray
It can be made to suit by a manufacturer of tarps, awnings or boat covers. A woodworking shop using vacuum press may help too.
To seal the opening, wrap an excess flap around a 1/2" PVC pipe cut to length, then slip a slit piece of pipe over that.
You can do it yourself with sheet vinyl polyurehane glued together withh HH66 vinyl glue. Getting the adhesive might be a problem in some places though, and it is vicious stuff.
Hope this helps

More
14 years 8 months ago #3562 by YBA/Jim Murray
Sorry, I meant to say vinyl or polyurethane sheet.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3563 by Zebra
Replied by Zebra on topic Re:Footwell Bag for surfski
Hi Beanboy - as you are looking to reduce the amount of water in your surfski, broadly speaking, you have 3 options; better bailers, which makes sure the water in the footwell DRAINS effectively (fast!), closed-cell foam, which can be shaped with a knife and sandpaper to DISPLACE any water that tries to enter (especially usefull ahead of adjustable pedals), and a 'cockpit hood' (removable, which DEFLECTS water from getting into the ski in the first place.

Will try and post pics of 2 of the 3 above...

cheers
Chris

More
14 years 8 months ago #3570 by thebigadski
I've seen the cockpit strap on bags on ebay!

Latest Forum Topics