Older model epic wing with adjustable shaft

More
12 years 9 months ago #7442 by Boof Head
hi All,
I may have an oppurtunity to grab an older model epic full carbon split shaft. A mate has a new signature hybrid with thenew length loc which I am impressed with. Was wondering if there were/are issues with the older shaft locking system.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7443 by Rightarmbad
Yes, they get stuck, they sometimes break and they are heavier.

There is a reason that you can buy a small spanner especially designed to get the bloody things undone when they get stuck.

Some early Epics also broke the blade a couple of inches from the shaft.

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
12 years 9 months ago #7446 by Kayaker Greg
I have two of the older paddles and one new one, my main paddle on the ski is still the Hybrid with the old twist lock. I will be getting a new full carbon when one arrives in the right size for me which I will use for racing. You soon learn not to over tighten the old twist lock and I carry the tool that comes with the paddle when new in the car just in case, however I have hardly ever used it. I prefer the new lever loc system like I have for my full carbon kayak paddle. But if you can get the older paddle with the twist lock and its the right size for a good price I would go for it. The difference in weight is minimal, you will never notice it.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7450 by zachhandler
Agreed with not noticing the weight. At the center of the shaft, the lock device adds much less "swing weight" than an equivalent weight added near the ends of the shaft.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy

More
12 years 9 months ago #7453 by Draftbuster
Whats a second hand Epic mid wing worth?
I have a brand new never used burgundy mid wing which I won and am going to sell.Whats it worth and how do I go about it?
Sorry hijack thread but is sort of on topic.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7489 by Boof Head
Turns out it was a new model. Brand new burgundy shaft $390 + 15 delivery. Better than what new hybrid costs so I,m happy.

Latest Forum Topics