Red7 bullet for Stellar

More
12 years 6 months ago #8456 by Boof Head
I have a Red7 bullet. The older,larger bullet from the single venturi models. I am thinking of attaching to my Stellar, however the Stellar has a fairly large recess in the hull where a bulletvwould normally be placed. Fixing the bullet at the rear of the recess places it a long way from the venturi shroud. Has anybody added a bullet to their Stellar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #8458 by Kayaker Greg
Stellar have their own bullet and it should be placed so there is about an 8mm gap. What Stellar are you fitting it too? The hull is flat behind the venturi on my SES.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #8465 by Boof Head
I have an SE. Must be the first model as it didn't have a surf rudder and it has a recess behind the venturi where you would normally place a bullet. i had a look on the stellar website (au), couldn't find a bullet amongst the spare parts??
its not a big deal as the water is warm where I live and I don't race very often and when I do my only goal is a finish time rather than a DNF.
cheers

edit: just noticed that the venturi bullet is available as a spare part on the NZ site.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Boof Head. Reason: more info

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #8466 by Kayaker Greg
You must have one of the very early Epic copys. One of our club members has one of those.
Here is the bullet on the NZ Stellar site, but not much use to you with your recess behind the venturi. www.stellarkayaks.co.nz/spareparts.html
When I was sent mine I was just sent the bullet, not the cover as per the picture. The picture shows the bullet a little far out to what it should be to the cover, again the gap should only be 8mm.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Kayaker Greg.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8478 by Draftbuster
I have an SE and it too has the recess behind the scupper.I got a bullet from Stellar here in AUS. Filled the recess with silicone and placed the bullet on top.Neat as and worked a treat.Can hardly see the silicone under the bullet.I put the bullet so that the front of the bullet sits about 3mm inside the scupper housing.Similar to how the red7 has theirs situated.

The drainage on the SE is pretty poor without the bullet.But becomes excellent with the bullet insitu draining at 9km/hr.

Latest Forum Topics