New to Forum - the only Ski paddler in Brunei.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18835 by Brunei Paddler
Hello everyone,

My name is Will and I have recently moved from the Lake District in the UK to Brunei Darussalam (Borneo) to teach Drama and English.

Before moving to Brunei I thought long and hard about which boat to bring out to this tropical paradise. It was not a long process and I decided on my Ski.

I paddle an Icon Genesis 6.4m 14.5kg Ocean Ski which was built in Cornwall, UK by Icon. It is a brilliant boat and back in the UK I mainly paddled her (her name is Gloria) on the lakes near my home.

Now I am in Brunei and I have "V" bars on the roof of my Hilux I now have a place to keep my boat. The only problem is the sun in Brunei is so intense I am worried the fiberglass top (it is Carbon bottomed and has a Blue Fiberglass top - see link - www.iconsurfcraft.com/gallery.php?img=360 )will be badly damaged by the sun.

I have been looking around for a storage bag. Where would you guys buy one from? Can you get UV protective ones?

Brunei is close (ish) to Australia and New Zealand and so I would welcome any advice about where I could get one near to my location.

I am also coming over to Australia in December so I could always get something sent to me in my Australian location.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Will

New to ski paddling. Exploring the South China Sea one bay at a time!

Any advice welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18837 by Madpaddler75
Have a look at the Think covers they are great.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18842 by Brunei Paddler
Thanks Madpaddler,

I will look at their bags.

If I buy a 6.4M bag will my boat fit in it? Are bags tightly fitted?

As Icon do not sell bags I am interested whether an "off the shelf" bag will fit the boat.

Also, can you get UV protective bags? I imagine you can in places like Aus.

Any advice welcome

Kind Regards

Will

New to ski paddling. Exploring the South China Sea one bay at a time!

Any advice welcome.

More
10 years 6 months ago #18843 by Madpaddler75
My Evo 2 fits so check dimensions of them compared to your boat.

Latest Forum Topics