Think Six v Epic V9

4 months 3 weeks ago #36775 by Vman
Think Six v Epic V9 was created by Vman
Interested in any experiences and thoughts of the new Think Six and V9 as I’m in process of deciding which as I move up from a v8 Ultra. 
I’m 1.94m and 85kg.
I paddled the new to Sydney Six today in harbour and was impressed with stability, comfort and snug fit. I’ll predominately use it offshore. 
I’ve had brief paddle of v9 inshore and found it familiar, stable and moved easily. I will try both offshore before making a decision. 
many thoughts welcomed. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago #36801 by Stefanus
Replied by Stefanus on topic Think Six v Epic V9
I've been paddling the V8 Pro for a couple of years and have just moved to the V9. Really like it.
I haven't paddled the Six but saw it for the first time the other day, looks like a nice ski.

4 months 2 weeks ago #36802 by Epicpaddler
Replied by Epicpaddler on topic Think Six v Epic V9
I also have been paddling a v8pro for the past couple of years. Looking to advance to the next level. Did you find the v9 a big enough improvement over the v8pro?

4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #36805 by Stefanus
Replied by Stefanus on topic Think Six v Epic V9
I have have only paddled the V9 a few times so my views are preliminary. I find it to be more nimble and quicker to react. Also nicer on the runners. Not sure about overall speed as I'm not a fast paddler but in theory it should be faster as well. The cockpit is 1 cm narrower which suits me as I have a slim build. It is also of course a bit less stable but still pretty solid.

3 weeks 6 days ago #37448 by Vman
Replied by Vman on topic Think Six v Epic V9
After tests of the Nordic  Squall 580, Epic  V9 and Think 6 I  ordered an Elite construction Think 6, a couple of months ago and expect it anytime.
IIt a very subjective thing as they’re all very good boats, all beautifully finished, in end found its initial and secondary stability was going to give me broader range of use, the bucket was really comfortable and a closer fit For my build and easily accelerated onto runners. 
The the wait without a boat as my old V8 was stolen earlier in the year  is killing me

Latest Forum Topics

rudder line getting stuck on yoke (9 Posts)

34 minutes ago

Talk to me about cadence (7 Posts)

12 hours 47 minutes ago

Video thread (456 Posts)

21 hours 18 minutes ago
Protected by R Antispam