Stellar Falcon

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #39329 by Watto
Stellar Falcon was created by Watto
Has anyone paddled a Stellar Falcon, recent addition to the Stellar range? I'm good with my NK Squall 58 and NK 610 Storm but a mate currently paddling NK Squall 58 wants to step up though finds NK 610 bit too tippy. If not Stellar Falcon information, welcome any feedback on this nuanced upgrade. Location Perth, Western Australia

A brilliant surfski database comparison website is  Surfski Comparison  however great shame very little added recently. If you've checked the site to see how awesome it is, contact David and ask if new skis could be updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39340 by Gibson
Replied by Gibson on topic Stellar Falcon
Hi Everyone.

I have test paddled the Falcon.  I won't be very helpful in helping you slot it into the correct place in the line up however.  

I found the ski to be rock solid stability wise although this is always relative. I think any ski paddler would find this comfortable though. 

I found the flatter hull slapped alot more than im used to going over bumps and wandered a little also. Maybe could benefit from a bigger rudder. 

For my skinny frame I swam around in the bucket and it would need alot of padding out for me to ever feel engaged with the boat. It was one of a few buckets that Ive felt would rub the back end raw without some adjustment to the seat. 

As you know, there's no substitute for test paddling one and Im sure it will be a great boat for many in the earlier years of their surfski journey. 

Iain. 

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39343 by Watto
Replied by Watto on topic Stellar Falcon
Thanks Iain, appreciated. Have previously owned SR and SEI both version 2 as well as original SES so know Stellar boats well. Agree with the slapping observation certainly the first two of above and have read similar comments. I'm around 90kgs and padded out SR and SEI at waist and knees, and SES at knees though found all buckets good, SES in particular. Will pass on to my mate for sure, and as you say, boat fit very idiosyncratic. Re rudder, I'm a great fan of DK rudders, had them on all Stellars, and now on my NK"s. Cheers again mate. 

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39351 by wesley
Replied by wesley on topic Stellar Falcon
So I have had my Falcon Excel for a few months with 3 or 4 paddles only since winter in New England. So I am enjoying it thus far. Fits in the intermediate class of skis and is between SR and SEI  in terms of speed and stability. I still have an SR 2G in my garage along with Evo 3g Ultimate, Think Six, Uno 2G, Zen, 550 2G, 560 2G, and 550 2g SCS on the way. So as you can see I have some excellent skis to choose from. It will take more time in the bucket to tease out the nuances of the Falcon but it too is an excellent intermediate ski. I like the updated seating, the bucket is flared to accommodate a wide range of paddlers. Its volume reminds me of the V10L which I thoroughly liked for my size. Although technically I was over the weight limit with my 2nd V10L 2G, I performed just fine. The Falcon can accommodate larger paddlers than the V10L so don't mistake this.  The gunwales are very low on the Falcon making it super easy to remount like the V10L. This comes with a wetter ride but that has never bothered me. It sheds water nicely coming from the front in the way the bow is designed so no need for a wave deflector.  But side chop you can expect some water since gunwale is very low. It has the same aesthetics as the SEA in terms of the beautiful shape foredeck that for some reason just appeals to me as I sit in it looking over the bow. It is lightweight and easier to carry. This next spring I will post my full review of the Falcon but in the meantime, if you are in the market for an intermediate ski and it is available, you should try it along with the 550 2G and Six. 

Wesley Echols
SurfskiRacing.com
#1 in Surfski Reviews.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39352 by Watto
Replied by Watto on topic Stellar Falcon
Thanks Wesley, brilliant as always. 

Latest Forum Topics

Protected by R Antispam