New Epic V8

More
11 years 2 months ago #15632 by Simon Haywood
Replied by Simon Haywood on topic Re: New Epic V8
Paddlefaster you're most welcome...

I like to experiment when I can...On my V10sport and V12 I've used the weedless rudder with deflector - works really well on the flat stuff but don't have the balance/technique for the big stuff in these skis - hence why I have a quiver. I'm going to try the same set up on the V8 see what that is like in the ocean...I'll post the results later.

The deflector might help with the tracking on the V8 too.

Previous craft: Affinity, Endorfinn, Multisport, Epic V8, V10sport, V10, V12, Fenn Swordfish, Spirit PRS Elite; Stellar S18S, SR, SE, SEL, S2E, S2EL

Current Skis:
Huki S1-R
Stellar S18S - Excel
Stellar SR - Ultra

Skis on order: None!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #15634 by zachhandler
Replied by zachhandler on topic Re: New Epic V8
Paddle faster - I have experienced the rolling you describe in the v8. I think this is caused by the fact that the hull is somewhat flat underneath. A totally round hull does not roll when hit by a wave from the side. It just gets lifted and dropped (which may be enough to get your balance off center, in which case it rolls instantly). A flat bottom boat, like a north American canoe, tilts with the surface of the water when hit with a beam wave. But, it is also resistant to rolling if your balance is off center. There is a trade off.

Current Skis: Epic v10 g3, NK 670 double, NK exrcize, Kai Wa’a Vega, Carbonology Feather, Think Jet, Knysna Sonic X
Former Skis: Epic V12 g2, Epic V12 g1, Epic v10 double, Nelo 550 g2, Fenn Elite S, Custom Kayaks Synergy
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaddleFaster

More
11 years 2 months ago #15640 by PaddleFaster
Replied by PaddleFaster on topic Re: New Epic V8
I think you are dead on with your assessment Zach! Thanks!

Latest Forum Topics