Upper East Coast Bays, Auckland, New Zealand

More
10 years 8 months ago #18116 by FAMAGUCHI
Hi, There is lots of organised surf ski activity out of Akoranga and Takapuna Clubs but nothing for surf skis further north in the beautiful, clear waters of East Coast Bays. If anyone interested in getting some organisation going emails me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with their facebook name I will create a facebook page and see what we can get going re some simple group paddles and short morning or evening time trials out of Waiake, Browns Bay or Long Bay to suit. Water mid winter is still warm enough not to wear booties so not sure why so often its just me out paddling the coast. Don't forget to support Katie and Jasons Pita Pit race at Mairangi Bay 8th September.Best Regard, Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kayaker Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #18117 by Kayaker Greg
Could be keen to do the odd paddle out of the bays, I mostly paddle the upper harbour during the week as its only a few minutes from home but its only suitable a few hours either side of high tide, otherwise I paddle from Okahu bay (RAP member) and sometimes Takapuna during the weekends when there is a NE blowing. Some evening paddles after work in the bays during summer would be good although I'm quite flexible time wise (self employed). Also did a few paddles from Orewa during the last days of summer this year and keen to do some more, paddled out to and around Motuora Island 30km solo last time.

Add me to the list www.facebook.com/kayaker.greg

More
10 years 8 months ago #18202 by rhodos
Hi, i have the same problem, the only paddler on the Manukau Harbour! Add me onto your list, can't do much less than big paddles ie 2hrs plus as all my short ones are done just down the hill from home so to get upto you its got to be a long one to justify the travel time. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Regards
Sean Murphy

More
10 years 8 months ago #18203 by Kayaker Greg
Sent you an invite Sean. Will be in touch soon about other matters, bit late I know.

Latest Forum Topics