Bourbon Orca

More
10 years 2 months ago #19899 by islandwind
Bourbon Orca was created by islandwind
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, I just signup and the truth is I am very happy with all the amount of information out there. I wear a different surfskis paddling time in fact I like them so much that I have a whole collection filling my garage (there are people who collect bikes, bicycles, watches, .. because my passion is surfskis and kayaks). I especially stable models Fenn XT, Honcho Guru, Neumann Adventure but there is a model that really catches my attention and I would ask you query. This is the Bourbon Orca Point 65. Apparently this is a ski that was discontinued and not too many units are produced. Width enters the intermediate level but apparently is as stable as the initiation being also faster. Someone would know something more about this unique ski inverted bow. Thank you very much and best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19912 by crallan
Replied by crallan on topic Bourbon Orca
globalsurfski.com/2011/03/22/bourbon-orca-by-point65/
Some words from the designer.
Probably bad for you that it's in Swedish but maybe google translate can help you out!
Good luck!

Swordfish S Carbon
Swordfish glass vacuum
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandwind

More
10 years 2 months ago #19914 by Andy-UK
Replied by Andy-UK on topic Bourbon Orca
Hi. I raced a Bourbon Orca in the 2012 UK ski series, it was a good progression from an old Mark One onto a V10. The good bits: It was stable but not slow. The low sides made a re mount very easy although I never fell off it. The widest point was behind the cockpit so it picked up very well on small wind generated swell. On protected waters like Portland or Poole Harbour it was great. The not so good bits: The quality / function of the rudder & steering was rubbish (I fitted a Nelo rudder & Kynsa pedals). The low nose dug in on larger waves & caused it to track. It just didn't have the volume for the open Ocean! (I'm 85kg) waves would come in the low sides & even over the flat front deck.

If I was given another one I'd polish it & hang it on the wall to look at after training in the V10.

More
10 years 2 months ago #19918 by kwhatmough
Replied by kwhatmough on topic Bourbon Orca
Myself I have no experience with any of these, but I have encountered photos of other skis with inverted bows:

Oceanbuilt Konastorm (globalsurfski.com/2014/01/22/oceanbuilt-in-the-doctor/)

Felci Windseeker (globalsurfski.com/2013/06/30/the-windsee...-felci-yacht-design/)

Sipre Sea Vortex (globalsurfski.com/2011/01/20/the-new-sea-vortex-by-sipre/)

F.W.I.W.

New boat, same old engine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandwind

More
10 years 2 months ago #19942 by islandwind
Replied by islandwind on topic Bourbon Orca
Thank you very much to all of you who have responded to my request for information. This weekend I had the opportunity to try the Bourbon Orca and loved. A great design and very agrsivo, very very comfortable, stable as a Fenn XT but quite faster in both flat water and waves. Obviously slower than a V10 Epic but not much more. In my opinion this is a surfski authentic intermediate group between initiation and more pro. A very good finishes and a very correct weight (the Sport version) with what I thought I did not already part of my fleet. Greetings to all.

Latest Forum Topics