Mustang Survival Inflatable PFD

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #40628 by qmento
Does anyone use a Mustang Survival Inflatable pfd? I'm wondering if they're comfortable to paddle in. I live in Hawaii and quickly get overheated when using a Mocke or Vaikobi pfd. Mahalo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #40630 by ccchappell
Hi
I have not used a Mustang, but do own a Wingman that I really like when it’s hot. Best inflatable I’ve found for using while paddling. One key feature is the CO2 canister is in the back, also has room for hydration. wingmanlifejacket.com/products/buyhydewingman

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: qmento

More
7 months 1 week ago #40631 by benmlee
Second on the Wingman. Used the Mustang before, didn't like it. For one thing, it felt pretty big. The inflator is at a bad location. As you pull yourself up the boat, the inflator is like a bump that stops you. I worry about tearing the inflator to bladder attachment if I drag my weight over the inflator it. So then you have to lift your body over the inflator. That adds another maneuvering step to re-entry.
Got the Wingman after that, and is perfect. It felt very small. The inflator is in the back, so no interference. Has a pocket to put my car keys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qmento

Latest Forum Topics