Nordic Squall 540

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #40671 by qmento
Nordic Squall 540 was created by qmento
Hi, does anyone have experience in a Nordic Squall 540? I don't have a chance to demo. Primarily, I want to know if tracks straight in choppy conditions. Thank you.
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by qmento. Reason: Didn't accurately specify the model ski I was trying to get info for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #40735 by omarchacon8
Replied by omarchacon8 on topic Nordic Squall 540
Hi Qmento,

What would you like to know specifically? I have video surfing the squall and its a badass ski. I was very impressed on how it performed on decent size waves in Tampa Bay.

Check it out

Thanks

Omar Chacon
Surfski Guru

NK 640 Cx, NK Double, Nelo 600, Nelo 520 2nd Gen, V7, V8, Bluefin S, McGreggor Rhytm, McGreggor Clasisic, Think uno max, Vega,Vega flex, elite s, swordfish s, nelo cinco k1, V12 gen 1, Nelo 560 gen1, mako 6
The following user(s) said Thank You: qmento

More
4 months 1 week ago #40736 by qmento
Replied by qmento on topic Nordic Squall 540
Mahalo Omar! Some background, I'm a small, old guy (70kg, 65y.o.) that's starting to have a hard time padding my 6 meter ski (Carbonology Vault) in the mixed conditions we commonly experience around here; where wind, swell, currents, and refraction are always coming at you in different directions. I'm assuming a shorter ski will be easier to accelerate, "fit" better in close together wave conditions and need less strength to paddle when it's choppy. Also, I was concerned how straight the Squall would track in the bump. Your video shows me I don't have to worry about that. One way or another I'm going to find out. Just ordered one.

Latest Forum Topics