Double Ski Remount

More
15 years 2 months ago #2889 by Chasp
Double Ski Remount was created by Chasp
Hi there - just purchased one of Mark Lewins Apex doubles and my partner is a novice. What is the best way to remount a double ski - is it merely front paddler in first to stabilise and then rear paddler follows. I currently paddle the Mark 1 high seat version and don't have any problems remounting in deep water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2891 by richardh
Replied by richardh on topic Re:Double Ski Remount
Hi Chasp.

This is a link to a previous question which my help
Double Remount

Good Luck

• StuartXpat
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #2901 by StuartXpat
Replied by StuartXpat on topic Re:Double Ski Remount
I'm chiming in late but I must disagree with my good buddy Rob. I think it is better for the front paddler to get in first. That way they can be in full control of the ski and even help to steady it by paddling forward slowly while the rear gets in. Also in a learning situation, often the rear paddler is less experienced so it makes more sense for the front paddler to mount first.

Note that it may be difficult for the second paddler in to use the side saddle method.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2902 by Chasp
Replied by Chasp on topic Re:Double Ski Remount
Thanks Xpat - makes a lot more sense as you say that the more experienced paddler in front remounts first and actually begins to paddle and turn the boat into the oncoming wind or wave chop. I think it's also good for the rear paddler to hold the opposite side of the ski as the front paddler remounts. Cheers Chasp

Latest Forum Topics