NY Mayor's Cup

More
14 years 6 months ago #3818 by moxie
NY Mayor's Cup was created by moxie
Hello,

I tried to comment on the article, but it keeps telling me I'm not logged in, so here we are.

First, I'm a "citizen" paddler who was there but didn't get the chance to get in.

To answer teh question, no, you can't change the race to allow for the wind. It was in your face one way and at your back the other. One tandem I spoke to was doing 15 minute miles north and 4.5 minute miles south. Its just the course.

Second, big respect to all those who went out. Bigger respect to all of us who stayed on shore. it was a heartwrenching decision, but it was ultimately the right one.

Going is optional. returning is not.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

-n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #3825 by [email protected]

I tried to comment on the article, but it keeps telling me I'm not logged in, so here we are.

Hmmm... that's bizarre - you wouldn't be able to make this post if the system didn't know you were logged in... sorry about that!

And yep - I felt for you guys, but as you say, given the conditions it was the right call!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Forum Topics