New Fenn XT Model

More
13 years 9 months ago #4841 by garykroukamp
Anyone heard about this? Apparently a new shape...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4851 by Rightarmbad
Replied by Rightarmbad on topic Re: New Fenn XT Model
What did you hear and where?

Follow the path of the independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that are important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.--- Thomas J. Watson

More
13 years 9 months ago #4852 by [email protected]
As I understand it, they've dropped the single footwell into the ski, but no changes to hull shape.

The ski has been evolving - a little while ago the downwind performance was improved by moving the rudder forward.

I also believe the Mocke's have one of the new ones at the shop... I'll see if I can sneak a photo or two.

I'm also playing with the new Kayak Centre novice ski. It's the same length as the EOS, looks like an EOS but is wider and much more stable. I took it out in choppy water the other day and managed to stay with a couple of other guys who were in top end skis (mako elite and EOS 660.)

Also got a production Carbonology Atom... I have an embarrassment of skis at present!

Stay tuned!

Rob

Currently Fenn Swordfish S, Epic V10 Double.
Previously: Think Evo II, Carbonology Zest, Fenn Swordfish, Epic V10, Fenn Elite, Red7 Surf70 Pro, Epic V10 Sport, Genius Blu, Kayak Centre Zeplin, Fenn Mako6, Custom Kayaks ICON, Brian's Kayaks Molokai, Brian's Kayaks Wedge and several others...

More
13 years 9 months ago #4853 by bart
Replied by bart on topic Re:New Fenn XT Model
The manufacturer that comes up with a stable ski that is good downwind is going to have a winner.
In my little experience a stable and maybe theoretically slower ski will be far better for most paddlers than the elite skis on the market.
Read this ...www.epickayaks.com/news/news/boat-speed-comparison ...less than a minute speed difference between a V10 Sport and a V10...seems to me that most paddlers should be on a V10 sport type of boat! And then work on technique.

Is this new Kayak Center ski the one?

More
13 years 9 months ago #4854 by AR_convert
Replied by AR_convert on topic Re:New Fenn XT Model
I know we are getting off topic :blush: BUT.... Bart , I tend to agree to a point :blink: I still think I could paddle marginally quicker in the rough stuff in my previous Sport, but come the flat I am 1-1.5 km/hr quicker in the V10L, which is much more than Greg is suggesting.

If you read the article carefully :unsure:

The following times are what Greg Barton, paddling the stated Epic kayak models, would expect to record in a 10K flatwater time-trial. The second set of times reflect Greg’s best estimateas to what an intermediate level paddler could expecton the same course.

This is not a difinative statement but a well educated guess!

If Fenn are updating the XT, great stuff, we paddlers are certainly spoilt for choice, it remains to be seen how many of these boats will hang around, surely the market cannot sustain all these boats and manufacturers :blink: however I would be happy to be proven wrong :woohoo:

Always looking for the next boat :)

Latest Forum Topics